Skip to main content

Can I develop my own game?


I have entered a state of self-doubt. Two months into the game development and I still have no fully working engine. Hell, I don't even have fully designed graphics for the game.

"How did I think it will be possible to develop a game on my own?" I started to question myself.
I keep hearing that it takes teams of people to develop a game. Experienced people. I do have experience I design, coding, apps development, nevertheless I have never undertaken such big project. 

Have I set myself for failure?



Many people advice me that it will be close to impossible to create a game with the functionality, I have specified. "You should outsource,” they tell me.

My message to all these who don't believe it is possible to do whatever you set your mind to, here I am, I am here to stay, and I will prove to you, one can develop a successful game as an individual. Sure, it will take time. Sure, it will be hard work. But my mind is set on one thing, and one thing only. Making people happy and succeeding at it.

It is my promise to the people who believe in me as well as to the people who look forward to my failure, I will succeed and show others what’s possible. How I believe to achieve this, you might ask? Key points for me are, determination - set your mind on what is really important to you - do not give up, even in hardest of times remember why have you started. It always helps me.

Stay organized - have a clear path of key milestones and stay on the it.

Celebrate small wins - however small celebrate!

I believe anyone can develop a game that serves to make people happy, they only need to put their heart to it.

You might have many excuses. I have a demanding job. I have a family. I study. I am too young or too old. Let me tell you that I have all the excuses in the world. I am 36 with a corporate job, father to three children and student of open university. Yet I can focus on delivering a game, without affecting any other aspects of my life. Although, I understand that, I might not be the most inspirational person (yet!). Let's look at Stephen Hawking. In his 20s his bodily functions started to degrade. He did not give up. He became the most respected, well known physicist in the world, without the ability to move a single muscle in his body. What Is your excuse then?

I received a text message with a quote from my wife today that I would like to close this article with 





Stay Creative!










About Winsche Studios

Winsche Studios is the UK-based, small game development studio delivering new angle on gaming experience. “We do not want to just design games, we always start with the experience”, says studio’s founder Adam Winczewski, whose passion for coding, designs and video games, transformed passion into development studio. State-of-the-art AI engine called ODY is imbedded into games, making each gameplay one of its kind. smashET is the new release, where you will be able to experience ODY power.


To learn more about Winsche Studios, please visit their website.

Comments